Working with the Transport Team / Sales office team, you will be responsible for the day to day planning of all transport functions at the Shellingford Distribution Centre. You will ensure that vehicle fleet utilisation is optimised cost effectively within budget restraints and where necessary supplemented by contract haulage to meet business targets and client expectations.
All activities must be managed within Health and safety, environmental and quality requirements. You will assist in the developing of the distribution process to ensure the site runs as efficiently and effectively as possible.
Typical duties include:
- Assist in the co-ordinating of distribution activities at Shellingford Distribution Centre.
- Plan / Route vehicles in the most efficient way within the parameters of the delivery schedule.
- Assist in and organise drivers annual leave / sickness cover when required.
- Assist in the compliance to all VOSA requirements including tachograph usage working time directives and structured driver breaks.
- Assist in the Input and maintain Drivers annualised hours.
- Collate data of drivers delivery schedules including despatch note and issue when required.
- Work with the complaints database system ensuring returns are collected promptly and recorded.
- Scan proof of deliveries in to system.
- Regularly contact sub-contract hauliers to supplement the fleet on long distant deliveries.
To thrive in this role you will have maintain excellent administration, organisation and attention to detail skills whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
You will be able to problem solve independently within regulatory parameters and quickly learn and utilise computer software.
Experience for this position will ideally have been gained in a transport or distribution environment as knowledge of HGV multi drop distribution, driver’s hours and current transport regulations would be advantageous although full training will be given.
Timbmet is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of Timber and Panel products with one of the UK’s most extensive timber and panel product ranges.
We are dedicated to sourcing innovative timber products from around the world and are market leaders in our commitment to the sustainability of our supply base.
To learn more about our business please visit www.timbmet.com or find us on Facebook.
If you are excited by the prospect of joining our team please apply by submitting a full CV and covering letter stating your salary expectations to email@example.com quoting reference SDC/LP/06.
We take our obligations in regard to data protection seriously.
More information can be found on our website.
No agencies, thank you